Lock down level 5 meant that all of our fast food and takeaway delivery services, as well as the restaurants were closed.
For a family who eat takeaway at least every Friday, this was an adjustment.
So, what better way to celebrate the last day of lock down level 5, than with a make your own pizza supper.
Here’s a step to step guide on how to make your own.
You will need:
- Bread dough ( premade)
- Tomato paste
- Fresh herbs
- Dried herbs
- Vegetables of choice
- Meat of choice
- First flatten out your dough in a circular pizza shape. Roll it quite thin as it will rise. ( we buy our bread dough already made from a Checkers or Pick n Pay store)
- Next choose your tomato base. Hamish chose tomato sauce.
- Add any extra garlic into your sauce. ( optional)
- Sprinkle your dried herbs generously.
- Add any fresh herbs you may like. We added rosemary and chives. Another of our favourite is tyme.
- Add any chopped up vegetables you like. I set out onion, mushroom, peppers and tomatoes. Hamish only wanted tomato.
- Slice your pickles or olives and add to your pizza.
- Next add your meats. We used sliced Vienna and bacon but any cold meats, chicken or sausages will do.
- Lastly chop with as much cheese as you can place in your hands.
- Pop your pizza into a preheated oven until golden and remove when done.