As the busy mom of a very demanding 4 year old , I also work from home so I find cooking can sometimes seem like the worst part of my day.
Because of this I love anything that simplifies my evening meal preperation.
Like these McCain diced potatoes.
Not sure where they have been all my life but I would have loved them when Hamish was weaning. I could have just taken a few out the bag and boiled them instead of cutting up a full potato for him.
All McCain vegetables are freezer to pot so there is no need to defrost prior to cooking.
Cooking with McCain’s
On Friday night I made this yummolicious potatoes salad for the kids to tuck into.
You can view our video here
How to make your own :
- 1x packet McCain diced potatoes
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil your McCain potatoes in a pot of water.
- In a separate pot put 2 eggs on to boil.
- Once they are cooked. Strain the potatoes and place in a salad bowl.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Mix your desired amount of mayonnaise with a teaspoon of mustard. This gives the potato salad a tangy taste.
- Peel and dice your eggs. Put the yolks aside to crumble over the top. ( I remove them completely as I have a fussy child in the house who doesn’t eat them)
- Mix the diced egg into your potatoes and pour the mayonnaise in.
- Mix well.
I use this potato salad as a side but it could also make a delicious summer meal by doubling up on the potatoes and adding bacon bits, peppers and onion.