This morning we came across this wonderful feature from Google, which allows 3D animals to appear on my phone screen with an easy search.
This easy to use feature allows your phone to place 3D animals within your camera view finder in real life scale.
Whilst this is not a new concept, with so many children worldwide on lockdown due to the Covid-19 corobavirus pandemic, I thought I would share this fun feature with you to keep the kids entertained.
You will need:
- An android smartphone running 7.0 or higher or an iphone running iOS 11 or later
- Google chrome for Android/iOS
How to use the function
1. Open Google chrome and type the animal name in the search bar.
2. When the search opens opt the view in 3D option.
3. The screen will open, asking to you to point the camera screen to the floor.
4. Once it has scanned an area, the chosen animal appears in the camera lens.
5. To take a photo have your child stand in front of the camera and direct them to make the image look like they are interacting with the animal.
What animals can you search?
Searching for any of the following animals will give you the option of bringing them into your home in high resolution 3D.
- Angler fish
- Brian bear
- Emperor penguin
- Giant panda
- Shetland pony
To add to the experience and entertainment level, this zoo like list of animals also include realistic grunts, growls and groans.
This would make a wonderful addition to a homeschool lesson, is a fabulous way to pass the time during quarantine or lockdown and best of all you don’t have to view the animal in AR, you can see each of the animals in 3D on your Google search page.