For Earth day I wanted to see how much of an impact my teachings had on my children.
I found a list of questions to ask them and I was quite suprised by some of their answers.
I invite you to interview your children ….this is a fun eye opening experience.
Happy earth day !
He is 18 years old. Ronan enjoys PlayStation games, movies and long boarding . He’s a passionate volunteer at an animal rescue centre.
- What’s your favourite place in the world to visit? Sea point Biodiversity park
- What’s one thing you can recycle? Aluminium
- What’s your favourite thing to do outside? Ride my longboard
- What’s your favourite way to celebrate Earth day? Joining a Beach clean up or planting trees.
- What day do we celebrate Earth day? I’m not sure
- What’s one thing we can do as a family to have less trash? Join beach and park clean ups or volunteer to help animals at the shelter. Plant trees and recycle.
- Which do you prefer… a) beach / b) mountain / c) city? Mountain
- What’s something we can do as a family to make the earth more beautiful? Grow trees, recycle, join area clean ups, plant flowers, help conservation projects and use less plastic.
- What plant foods do you most like to eat? Carrots and fruit
- Name some foods that come from the Earth. Carrots, potatoes, fruit, turnips. Lettuce , vegetables.
- What colour is the recycling symbol? Green
- Name a song that talks about the Earth. I Bless the rains down in Africa
- What is your favourite kind of animal? Monkey
- What colour is the Earth from space? Blue
- Why is it important to care for the Earth? Global warming is a very real threat as is extinction of animals
- What is your favourite thing to do in the water? Swim
- If you could have one animal as a pet, what would it be? Black panther
- What’s your favourite kind of flower? Black rose
- What is your favourite season and why? Spring because flowers grow and everything looks new and fresh
- Where do you think all the trash we collect on the beach goes? To the municipal dumpsites.