With the holidays here and many families looking to unite and visit with relatives in other cities, Travelstart have launched a new online bus booking platform to take the stress out of road travel.
The Travelstart buses platform,which was launched this November, will not only save you time and money but will allow you to compare bus tickets from reputable competing companies.
Travellers can now enjoy the flexibility of finding tickets suited to their budget by searching, booking and paying for bus travel from numerous suppliers within South Africa or to neighboring countries.
With the Travelstart buses platform you can book up to 10 passengers in a single booking and filter your search by destination, bus company, coach, class and price.
To make payment convenient, you can pay by Credit card or at your local Pick n Pay countrywide. There is no more standing in long queues, your bus ticket is sent directly to your inbox.
Traveling in South Africa you will be able to use the best bus companies, ensuring you arrive safely at your destination.
Whether you are traveling on a one way ticket or return , you can book for major cities like Cape Town and Durban or to smaller towns like Harrismith.
The two most popular travel routes by bus are :
Johannesburg – Durban – Johannesburg
Cape Town – Johannesburg – Cape Town
And these routes are serviced by the following reputable bus companies:
- Eldo coaches
- Eagle liner
- Intercity Xpress
- And African People Mover ( APM)
For those wishing to travel a little further to visit family in Zimbabwe for example or who wish to do a holiday trip outside of South Africa, you are able to purchase reginal tickets and travel safely to destinations like Harare, Bulawayo, Maputo and Windhoek.
The most popular reginal route is :
Johannesburg – Harare – Johannesburg
How to book
- Visit the Travelstart bus booking page
- Choose your departure point and destination
- If you are only wanting to travel to the destination and do not require a return ticket, click the “one way” option
- Fill in your travel dates and the amount of tickets required
- Choose your preferred bus company to travel with
- Once you have selected the bus company that offers you the best value for your budget, head to the final page and enter your personal details
- Provide your credit card details and pay
Your booking confirmation and a reference number will be sent to you via email and SMS.
How to redeem your ticket
Once you have recieved your ticket via email you will need to print it. You will use this, along with your ID to board the bus. Your name on your ticket will need to match your ID in order to board the bus.
On the ticket you will also find the information you will need on where to board the bus and at what time.
- When booking your tickets with children, please note that infants travel free but are limited to one infant per accompanied passenger.
- If you have made an error on your ticket or need to cancel a booking you can contact Travelstart on 087 650 1369 or via email at email@example.com
Booking a bus ticket these holidays just became a whole lot easier with Travelstart buses and family can reunite this Christmas by purchasing a ticket online with the Travelstart bus booking option.