Mothers day is the one day a year when we remember to spoil our mothers.
It’s a day all about her and so her gifts should be selfishly indulgent.
This year why not make mom some special handmade bath bombs ?
Here’s here to make your own…
You will need
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup citric acid
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons Epsom salt
- Handful of dried lavender, rose or other chosen flower petals
- 1 teaspoon water
- 3-4 teaspoons almond oil
- 15-20 drops essential oil that compliments your chosen flower
How to make the bath bomb
- In a plastic bowl mix together the baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch, milk powder and Epsom salt.
- In another bowl, mix the water, almond oil, and essential oils together.
- Now slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. (You may need to add a couple of extra drops of almond oil so that the mixture sticks together without crumbling.)
- Your bath bomb mixture is ready to be placed into silicone molds once you can make a ball with the mixture and it doesn’t fall apart. You can use any silicone moulds you have available.
- Fill your silicone molds with the bath bomb mixture. Let them set in a dry, safe place at room temperature for 3-4 hours before attempting to remove them. (Letting them set even longer will help them to solidify better in the molds.)
- Remove them from the silicon molds and place them into a jar sprinkled with leftover flower petals.
All that is left to do is place a bow around the jar and you’re ready to gift these beaitiful bath bombs to a special mom!