Nando’s recently shared a delicious recipe to make true Mozambican peri-peri sauce.
I immediately jumped to it and tried. What a delicious fusion of Chilli, tomatoes and lemon juice.
This recipe will go down well on Father’s day if dad likes a hot meal. In fact both Brent and my older sons were licking their fingers after tasting.
Give it a try….
Mozambique Peri-Peri Sauce
You will need:
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp pureed garlic
4 tbsp pureed onion
1 tbsp chopped fresh red chilli
6 African Bird’s Eye Chillies finely chopped with seeds
To make your sauce
- Preheat heavy based pan on medium to low heat with oil
- Crush the fresh chillies and the spice with the mortar and pestle until smooth paste forms. Set aside
- Add onion, garlic and salt to pan. Cook for 10 minutes or until onions are translucent
- Then add the fresh chilli and spice mix to the pan, cook for another 5 minutes
- Add vinegars, lemon juice and 1 cup of water to the pan. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes
- Mix the cornflour with an extra 2 tbsp water, stir into sauce and simmer for another 2 minutes
- Blend the Sauce with a hand blender until smooth
- Pour into a jar and close lod tightly. Leave to cool.
Recipe courtesy of Nandos