Trust GLAD Zip Seal and GLAD Cling Wrap to protect lunches and snacks.
Packing lunches can be a family bonding experience and a great opportunity to teach your children how to create their own school meals and perhaps educate them about healthy eating choices too.
You might even discover along the way that your kids enjoy the responsibility of being in charge of their food – it can be empowering.
Plus, you could keep a notepad handy, for them to write down their ‘shopping list’ suggestions.
As always, GLAD is here to help you and your family. With the GLAD Zip Seal resealable range, this is a cinch! Remember their Zip Seal® clever seal lets you know it’s sealed properly with their YELLOW AND BLUE MAKES GREEN technology. Plus you can write the date and contents, or name, on the printed white strip.
Tips to help kids pack their own lunches:
- Keep the pantry stocked with healthy staples such as nuts and dried fruit
- Create a “snack station” with pre-bagged snacks, in GLAD Zip Seal Snack Bags, for the whole family to grab from
- Keep school meals in mind when you make dinner, because leftovers can be yummy the next day and help save food – GLAD loves leftovers!
- Create delicious sandwiches from leftovers and keep them fresh in GLAD Zip Seal Sandwich Bags
- Before the next school week starts, spend some time as a family planning and preparing the lunch menu for the upcoming week
All it takes is a touch of creativity and pre-planning, and the kids will love their new-found independence – it’s like shopping in mom’s kitchen!
Speaking of creativity… here is a fun sandwich sushi idea to try…