We love puffy paints and they add an interesting element to art works.Have you tried making your own puffy paintyet?Today I’m sharing a fun puffy paint reciepe I first used with Kerri and Ronan for art lessons in 2012.Not only is it a fun art project but can be used as a science experiment to demonstrate how heat changes things.
To make your own you will need :
- 1 tblsp plain flour
- 1 tblsp salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tblsp plus 1 tsp of water
- food colouring
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Paint onto paper.
- Put the painting into the microwave for 20 seconds. Do not leave the microwave unattended during that time.
- Carefully remove the painting and observe the wonderful transformation!
💥Be careful – the paint may be hot when it is removed from the microwave